A wine made in memory of our grandmother Angelita who was a pioneer in the maintenance and expansion of family farms in Valtuille de Abajo. Allegory of spring with the colors of the flower of the Almond tree, the first that blooms in the spring as well as this wine is one of the first elaborated in the whole region due to the early maturity of the Chardonnay in the place.
The vineyard: Angelita comes from a plot of 28 years planted in 1994 on trellis by the family. The vineyard has 5200 28-year-old plants in Chardonnay with characteristics of the main terroir of boulder and clay at 900 metres of altitude and with east orientation. Very low yields are obtained in very small clusters, so the concentration and maturation is high.
Elaboration: The grape harvest 100% Chardonnay was made at the beginning of September. At the entrance to the winery, the grapes are destemmed on the press and immediately pressed manually to obtain the juice directly with a yield of around 60% of the volume. The must is unraveled with the application of low temperature for 24 hours.
After 24 hours, it is decanted for clarification and is transferred and left ready for fermentation.
Fermentation begins in stainless steel tank. As soon as the fermentation is stable and the 225-litre barrels of used French oak are covered, so that the alcoholic fermentation ends.
During the aging in barrels, periodic movements of the lees are carried out, thus aging on them looking for a structural contribution and good body.
After 12 months in the barrel it is clarified and bottled.
- Grape: 100% Chardonnay from Valtuille de Abajo. El Bierzo.
- Preparation: Pressing and aging on lees for 12 months.
- Harvest: Mechanical 2500 kg
- Bottled: Nov 2021. 1300 Bottles of 75 cl.
- Age of the vineyard: 28 years.
- Graduation: 13.5%
• Pale yellow color with golden highlights.
• The nose is especially complex, fresh fruit (apple and pear), citrus fruits (grapefruit), caramel, bakery souvenirs and herbal touches (fennel).
• When opened, floral aromas appear (acacia).
In the mouth it is unctuous, medium and again complex, with a pleasant and persistent bitterness (grapefruit), a moderate acidity and sweet notes in a set in which the sensations of fresh fruit are always present.